Thursday, October 7, 2010

Art Blocks for Ghana


"Geese"
Acrylic on 10"x 10" Wooden Board

Yay, another finished piece! This one is for another benefit auction - the "Art Blocks for Ghana" project.

I'm very happy and privileged to have participated for such a great cause; artists from all over the world in the Animation and Illustration community have volunteered to create artwork that will help the building of a children's home in Ghana. The guidelines: create a piece of art on a square wooden board that revolves around the theme of "home."

The blog has already started to display a number of awesome artwork. With the deadline looming in a couple of weeks, I'm excited to see more pieces to be posted up soon. You can also visit the organization's website for more info regarding the eBay auction and art shows to take place in NY + LA.

My contribution is a nod to my favorite of the seasons, autumn. There's something about seeing geese fly about that makes me feel all cozy. Anyway, here are some snapshots of my process. Enjoy :)




Art Blocks for Ghana Blog: http://artblocksghana.blogspot.com/
The Picture Book Project: http://www.picturebookproject.com/PBP/home.html

1 comment:

Shelley Whiting said...

I love the minimalism of the art work. It's very simple and peaceful. Beautiful and elegant work.